Thank you for your interest in FHTC. If you have questions about the college or these procedures, please call (800) 711-6947 or (620) 343-4600 between 7:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday, 7:30 - 4:00 on Fridays. A visit or tour of the college is highly recommended.
- Complete all sections for the “Application for Admission” and click the submit button at the bottom of the form. If it appears that nothing happened, scroll up and see if there are any red notes indicating that an item is missing.
- Send your educational records (high school transcript, ACT scores, GED Cert., college transcripts). College transcripts are to be sent directly from transferring institution to FHTC, c/o Registrar.
- Non U.S. Citizens must meet acceptable citizenship criteria prior to seeking admission. Documentation must be one of the following: Alien Registration Card, Passport Stamped “Processed for 1-551,” or an I-94 card, Temporary Resident Card, or Arrival-Departure Record. Please refer to the FHTC catalog for more detailed information regarding citizenship criteria. All non U.S. citizens are required to pass the English Proficiency Exam.
- Home-schooled students must provide a transcript with the school name and location, courses with credits and grades, graduation date and the school administrator’s signature. The students name and date of birth must also be included.
- Schedule an appointment to take the ASSET test or confirm that your ACT results will satisfy admission requirements. A one-time $5.00 test fee will be required with the ASSET test. You may pay for this test on the date that you sign up for it or on the day you take the test. You may not be able to enroll until you pay to take the test. Your ASSET results will be sent by mail.
- Students seeking Advanced Placement and/or Credit-by-Exam must notify the appropriate Division Chair prior to enrollment.
- Acceptance for admission is established by completing all of steps 1-5. Once accepted, pay the non-refundable college fee to hold your place in class. Tuition and Lab Fees are due before the first day of class. It is the responsibility of the student to contact FHTC & confirm their enrollment status.
- The final step prior to starting classes is to attend FHTC “Final Enrollment”.At Final Enrollment tuition for classes is due, you will receive your parking permit, student ID, and class schedule. You will receive notification of this event by mail.
- If you intend to apply for federal financial grants or scholarships, stop by or call the Financial Aid Office at (800) 711-6947 or (620) 343-4600. Plan to do this several months in advance if possible; but it’s never too late.